First things first, what exactly is a Logbook?
Before digging straight away, first things first, let us know what precisely a vehicle logbook is?
- Basically, a logbook is something in which you record certain information, track it, and maintain it. Similarly, a vehicle logbook is a document considered by the DVLA (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency). It is also known as V5C and is a vital book to prove your ownership of a vehicle.
What does a V5C hold in it?
- The vehicle’s registered plate number.
- The first registration date and details.
- Information regarding all the former owners of the car.
- It provides the link to the person who owns a particular vehicle.
- It can be used to determine the keeper of the vehicle.
- It tracks the taxation history of the car registered.
- Easy lookup for the vehicle statistics such as the making year, model, engine number, and chassis number.
Coming back to the relevant question of the hour,
Can You Scrap A Car Without Having A Log Book?
Although V5C being the most important document needed when you scrap your car
, there are still ways to get through this. Documents and booklets are something that people tend to misplace and forget. So is it possible to get your car scrapped without the vehicle registration document?
Yes! You can. It is possible to scrap your car even if you do not have your logbook, and it is because having a logbook is not a mandatory legal urgency. But we suggest that retaining the logbook or issuing a new one would be a great idea if you have some more time.
What are the prices for issuing a new copy of the V5C?
If you have misplaced or lost your old logbook, you can easily register yourself to apply for a new one from the DVLA. It will cost you just £25, and this will make your scrapping process much simpler and faster.
What are the documents required for car scrapping in the UK?
1. Photograph identification
2. Proof of current address
3. Vehicle registration document
4. Purchase proof of vehicle
5. Certificate Of Destruction (COD)You can now easily sell your scrap car!
Autoscrap Hull is currently operating in Hull, United Kingdom. We can render you all services related to scraping a car, and we can manage things even if you do not have a logbook for any reason at all. To benefit from our services, get an immediate online quote from us today itself!